Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Hendon has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff on a Bank basis within the Consulting Rooms.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Shifts vary, department opens at 07.30 and closes at 22.00hrs Monday to Friday. 07.30 – 15.00 hrs on Saturdays.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care
- Computer skills
- Experience in healthcare or caring environment desirable
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Flexible and adaptable
- Effective team player
- Able to plan and prioritize workload
- Sensitive to patients needs
- Reassuring manner
- Sets high standards and takes pride in work
- Customer focused
- Physically able to carry out the requirements of the role profile
Duties of this role include:
- Assisting consultants with procedures and chaperoning.
- Setting up and cleaning of consulting rooms and clinical equipment
- To assist in the E N T clinics as allocated
- Promote effective communication between consulting rooms and with all other departments.
- Adhere to hospital and nursing policies, procedures and standards.
- Contribute to effective cost control within the department.
- Report to the appropriate nurse any patient related information.
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.