Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Kings Oak and Cavell hospital in London has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Theatre Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should have the following:
- A basic standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment
- NVQ Level 3 in care
Duties of this role include:
- Ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during their passage through the department under the direction of a trained member of staff.
- Escort patients to or between other departments
- Assist in development and maintenance of outpatient pathway and participate in audit process.
- Communicate appropriately with others including answering the telephone in a professional manner while taking and relaying accurate messages
- Be conversant with and comply with local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
- Monitor the consumables within the department, replenishing as required and reordering as appropriate and checking in on arrival prior to unpacking
- Accept delegated responsibilities from senior staff within sphere of competence.
- Take every opportunity to sustain and improve your knowledge and skills.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.