Lead Mental Health Nurse - Peterborough
Position -Lead Mental Health Nurse - Peterborough
Location - Peterborough
Ref - STRMNLD9
Salary - £ 38,000 - £40,000
Hours - Full Time - Permanent
My client is looking for a Lead Registered Mental Health Nurse to join their team at Peterborough.
The role of a clinical Lead -
* Implementation of patient care For children and young people between the ages of 12 and 18 who are experiencing mental health difficulties.
* To provide a safe and therapeutic environment that meets the needs of all young people.
* To ensure high standards of clinical care are maintained at all times by providing strong, effective managerial, professional and clinical leadership to the Qualified Nurses and care staff.
* To provide guidance and support for assisting the promotion of Self Help/Personal Skills, Domestic Skills, Socialisation, Self-Realisation, and Emotional Awareness.
Summary of Responsibilities
Ensure all patients care is assessed, planned, prioritised and of a high quality to meet their social, behavioural and mental health needs. Have responsibility for ensuring own and other Clinical Practices are person-centred and evidence-based in accordance with NMC Guidelines.
Main Responsibilities -
* Creation of a safe environment.
* Ensure all Patients have opportunities of social inclusion, access to the Community, and undertaking meaningful activity/interest.
* Ensure practice in accordance with; Health & Safety and Fire Procedures, Equal Opportunities Statement, Grievance & Disciplinary Procedure.
* Private and voluntary healthcare regulations 2001.
* A lead in the delegation of duties, to ensure that each member of staff has a clear understanding of tasks/duties and commitment.
* Responsibility for overseeing the administrative tasks eg: written communications, report writing, personal files, care plans, keyworker folders.
* Responsibility for ensuring the correct administration, control, storage and recording of medication.
* Ensuring the revision of Care Plans are undertaken in accordance with company guidelines. Work within guidelines of the statement of purpose of the Hospital.
* Maintain effective appropriate channels of communication throughout the staff infra-structure, eg. Attending and participating in staff meetings, feeding back information.
* You will work closely with Management to ensure the safe day to day running of the Hospital, and the wellbeing of Staff and Patients.
* Responsible for ensuring that the personal care and hygiene needs delivered are in accordance with individual care plans.
* To support the empowerment of the young people, having regards for their dignity, rights and advice, whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in the Hospital's care.
* To lead a team of Nurses and Support Workers to achieve the highest possible standard of care by providing leadership, support and supervision.
* Provide information, coaching and instruction where required for achieving the objectives of the service.
* To delegate, monitor and evaluate the performance of the Registered Nurses on site.
* To ensure staff implement activities and programmes in accordance with prescribed plans of care.
* Maintain and update/or keep current professional knowledge and competence.
* Be 'on-call' for emergencies which may arise within the Hospital and to cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted.
Key words: RMN, Nurse, Registered Mental Health, Mental Health, Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities, RNLD, CAMHS, Lead, Senior.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively
please forward your CV to Sam.A-
Apply for Lead Mental Health Nurse - Peterborough
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly