Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined (Bank)
BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest private hospital group, with many of opportunities for you to develop your career with us. Joining us means being a part of our commitment to quality, working with a world-class team to deliver optimum patient experiences.
BMI Healthcare’s Kings Park hospital in Stirling has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and surgical equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care.
BMI Kings Park Hospital has exciting opportunities available for the exceptional candidates within our theatre suite.
BMI Healthcare is the UKs largest independent health care provider, with a reputation for providing first class care.
Stirling is a beautiful historic city, situated at the heart of Scotlands Central Belt, within easy commuting distance to Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Kings Park has opportunities for experienced theatre practitioners (scrub and anaesthetic) and for newly qualified staff looking to learn.
There is a suite of development opportunities available with specific opportunities for theatre staff.
Both full and part time positions are available.
For informal enquiries contact Agnes Sloey, Hospital Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01786451669