BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s London Independent Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Wards.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week Monday - Sunday rota.
Applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working within an acute clinical environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good general education, literature and numeracy
- Health / care related qualification or completed programme of study
- Phlebotomy skills
Duties of this role include:
- Provide care to a group of patients as allocated by the nurse-in-charge on a day to day basis under supervision of a Registered Nurse and involving tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse
- Only undertake delegated tasks that are within the remit of own training, competence, knowledge and understanding
- Prepare patient documentation prior to admission and following discharge
- Ensure that the general ward environment and patient rooms are generally in a tidy state
- Supervise and assist patients as necessary to undertake activities of daily living, for example, to mobilise, maintain hygiene needs, maintain dignity and privacy, access toilet facilities or equipment and to meet their nutrition and hydration needs
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
Independent sector employer – BMI Healthcare employment terms and conditions apply.