Registered Nurse - Oncology (Bank)
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are ‘serious about health and passionate about care’ and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient’s journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse - Oncology to join our dedicated and professional Oncology department on a bank basis.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- To be part of a dedicated team of nurses with the knowledge, skills and ability to care for patients in the oncology setting of The Ridgeway Hospital.
- To administer chemotherapy medications as prescribed by a Consultant Oncologist and monitor and report the effects on the patient.
- To act as the patients advocate, communicate effectively with patients and families to assess needs and provide support, information, education, advice and counselling when necessary and under the guidance of the Oncologist.
- Take part in a 24 hour on call oncology service
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and as a skilled practitioner.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse - Adult
- Chemotherapy administration qualification
- Mentorship qualification desirable
- Currently updated PREP profile
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools.
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced disclosure.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package, training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.