Registered Nurse - Nights (Bank)
As part of the UK's largest independent healthcare employer BMI Goring Hall Hospital is an excellent location to develop or consolidate your clinical career. The Hospital really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals. We pride ourselves on the quality of care delivery to our patients. It allows healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care and to innovate.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare. As a flexible employer, we will consider part-time applicants for all full time vacancies. We appreciate that a work/life balance is important and enables healthcare professionals to deliver the best care possible.
The hospital team includes over 90 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Goring Hall Hospital has 170 employees and 130 bank staff. We handle over 2,000 inpatient, 4,000 day case and 3,000 outpatient procedures a year.
The hospital has 3 main Theatres, an Endoscopy Theatre and a Minor Operations Suite. Patient accommodation consists of Ilex ward (22 beds), Extended Recovery (4 beds) Day Care Unit (12 beds) and a "walk in walk out" lounge.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
Whatever your area of clinical practice the hospital has something to offer you:
- Main specialities are Orthopaedics, Spinal surgery, Gynaecology, Urology & General Surgery.
- The hospital has innovated pathways that deliver predictable elective surgery.
- 22 individual patient rooms, 4 bed extended recovery.
- Three shift system with internal rotation, shifts are managed on a 6 week rolling rota
- Patient to nurse ratio gives our team 'time to nurse'
- Working as part of our bank of temporary clinical staff means having total flexibility to fit working around your other commitments, whether family or study.
- Access to training and development
BMI Healthcare's Goring Hall Hospital is recruiting for Bank Registered Nurses to join their team of bank staff.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. Bank hours will cover night shift.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Post Registration Courses.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication with Consultants and knowledge of their own preferences.
- Hospital experience in surgical unit preferable.
- Experience is required of working with varied personalities and to be able to adapt to cope with often difficult situations you may encounter.
- Good organisational and communications skills are important to a smooth running busy Ward.
- Good administration skills and being able to cope well under the pressure of a busy medical environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide individualised patient care, working as part of the nursing team.
- To promote and safe guard the wellbeing of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To participate in achieving the standards of patient care and customer service detailed in TENS.
- Acute Care Hospital accepting planned surgical and medical admissions.
- Consultants, patients and relations need to be dealt with professionally and effectively.
- To identify, plan, implement and evaluate care/services available to our patients within the ward setting through effective systems of documentation and communication.
- Operate within the scope of certified/competencies.
- Promote research based nursing care.
- Participate in the Personal Development Review Programme
- Provide expertise, knowledge and information as appropr