Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Shelburne Hospital in High Wycombe is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse
- Mentorship qualification desirable
- Currently updated PREP profile
- Experience in clinical and nursing management of the adult patient undergoing surgical procedures or requiring medical intervention
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools
- Experience of preceptorship / mentorship
- Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a ward in order to provide high quality, efficient and effective nursing intervention for patients.
- To manage all aspects of the ward activities to ensure a safe and positive learning environment for all members of hospital staff within the area.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Senior Nurses or the Director of Nursing.
- To have responsibility for the nursing management of a group of patients in a variety of locations within the hospital.
- To be part of a dedicated team of nurses with the knowledge, skills and ability to care for patients on the wards of The Chiltern hospital.
- To provide a team of nurses with leadership and support on a shift by shift basis.
- To formally deputise for the ward sister/charge nurse absence as required.
- To identify, plan and implement high levels of care through assessment and evaluation of patient needs.
- To promote and develop the services offered within the assigned ward.
- To plan and manage operational imperatives on a daily basis to the highest level of safety and efficiency, demonstrating an ability to respond to rapidly changing situations.
- To assist with identification of nurses professional development needs via appraisal and on-going performance assessment and facilitate the achievement of personal development plans.
- To manage and report upon all resources within financial controls
- To contribute towards optimum revenue capture and generation, complying with relevant systems and processes for this purpose.
- Respond positively to opportunities for business growth.
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.