Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Pre-Assessment Clinic.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working within a hospital/clinical environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good general education, literature and numeracy
- Previous experience of working within a PAC environment
- Health /care related qualification or completed programme of study
Duties of this role include:
- To assist in the setting up and smooth running of the Pre-assessment clinics, undertaking certain clinical activities under the guidance of the qualified staff. Assist with reception duties in the outpatient department as required.
- Work alongside the pre assessment team to support their clinics.
- Undertake tasks within own sphere of competence/training as delegated by Registered Nurses
- Prepare pre assessment clinics paperwork, general nursing observations which also include ECGs and Phlebotomy
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.