Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Registered Nuse to join their team of staff within the Pre-Assessment Clinic on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Excellent skills and knowledge
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to manage own caseload and work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with NICE guidance on clinical pre-assessment
- Pre-assessment experience
- Recent ward based clinical experience
Duties of this role include:
- The Pre-Assessment Nurse is responsible for ensuring that patients attending the hospital for pre-assessments receive a comprehensive and quality service. The purpose of these assessments is to recognise and deal with issues/possible complications that could adversely affect the planned surgery and to ensure patients are in optimum health when they are admitted for their operations
- To work alongside the other pre-assessment staff to ensure all patients having planned surgery are assessed to ensure they are in optimum health and prepared for surgery in line with nationally agreed and company standards.
- To assess patients through a variety of methods; over the telephone, from face to face interviews and through health check questionnaires, which the patient completes and returns to the hospital.
- To be responsible for liaising with Admissions and other clinical departments any issues identified at pre-assessment in order to ensure the patient’s admission to hospital is well organised.
- To liaise with medical secretaries and other colleagues to ensure patients receive comprehensive and helpful information regarding their hospital admission for surgery.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.