Cardiac Physiologist (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Cardiac Physiologist to join their team of staff within the Cardiology Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. This is mainly to cover evening shifts 1730-2030 on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- BSc Clinical Physiology (Cardiology)
- Member of the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP)
- Performing echocardiograms
- Performing a technician led exercise tolerance test unsupervised
- Supervising pharmacological stress tests
- Performing 12 lead Electrocardiograms
Experience in supervising ETT studies desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To assist the Cardiology Department Manager in ensuring a high standard of work is maintained in the designated area of responsibility that is consistent with the applicable Regulations, Notes for Guidance, and Schemes of Work.
- To support the Department Manager in maintaining safety within the designated area of responsibility.
- To set high personal and professional objectives within the cardiac physiologist’s role in line with BMI’s code of conduct.
- To create, maintain and encourage excellent relations with all key contacts including consultants, colleagues and other clinical and non-clinical professionals with the aim of ensuring quality standards
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.