Registered Nurse - Orthopaedics
The Clementine Churchill Hospital located in the leafy suburbs of North London is BMI Healthcare’s Flagship London Hospital.
We are proud of who we are and what we do; the hospital is a great place to work where you will make a real impact on people’s lives every day.
Our staff make the hospital the very special place that is – and we are committed to nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential in their chosen area. The nursing teams are supported by specialist nurses including Level 3 ITU, theatres, spinal, colorectal, bariatrics as well as a joint specialist nursing post with Macmillan.
We have 120 beds including ITU, General and Surgical Wards, Spinal and Orthopaedic, Day Surgery, Urgent Care Centre as well as our 5 theatres an Endoscopy Suite and an Ambulatory Care Unit.
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Orthopaedics to join their team of staff within the Orthopedics Department.
This post is Part-time for 25 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Valid NMC Registration
- Teaching and assessing (ENB 998) or equivalent.
- Understanding of NMC Code of professional conduct
- Highly developed communication, organisational and influencing skills
- PG Diploma or MSc Orthopaedic/Surgical Care Practice
- Previous acute orthopaedic and/or spinal experience
- Previous pre-assessment experience
Working knowledge of the independent sector preferred, but not essential
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist nurse services for patients undergoing Orthopaedics / Spinal procedures, both inpatients and outpatients.
- Liaise with the Theatre management team in the booking and organisation of surgical procedures.
- Undertake preoperative assessment of patients, assisting surgeons with preoperative preparation of patients for surgery, organising diagnostic tests.
- Set up a database which details the surgical treatment plan, clinical results, post-surgery treatment and to support in completing.
- Organise and attend MDT’s and participate in presentations and conferences promoting hospital business as requested.
- Support nursing staff to develop their knowledge and skills in orthopaedics.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
With accessible transport links and a variety of other career opportunities across the hospital – please get in touch for any further information.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.