Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Crucial skills in managing a difficult airway and ability to operate emergency equipment, e.g. Fibreoptic intubating equipment amongst others.
- Up-to-date knowledge of CPR and rapid sequence intubation.
- Experience at senior level in anaesthetics and recovery competencies.
- Recognised anaesthetic qualification.
Duties of this role include:
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.