Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong experience in the care of obese patients in the perioperative environment.
- Crucial skills in managing a difficult airway and ability to operate emergency equipment, e.g. Fibreoptic intubating equipment amongst others.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the anatomy of the upper airway, as well as predictors of difficult airway intubation and management thereof.
- Up-to-date knowledge of CPR and rapid sequence intubation.
- Ability to support and lead a team.
- Experience at senior level in anaesthetics and recovery competencies.
- Paediatric experience.
- Recognised anaesthetic qualification.
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate equipment, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.