Registered Nurse - Outpatients (Bank)
BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon, Surrey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join our team of bank staff within the Outpatients deaprtment.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
As the Registered Nurse, what will my duties be?
- To deliver an advanced specialist preoperative service for patients undergoing elective surgery.
- To work within the established Outpatients Team and the wider hospital team.
- To provide specialist nursing advice and support to patients, their families and other healthcare professionals from admission through to discharge.
- To carry out detailed assessment of elective patients, including initiation of discharge planning procedures.
- To carry out/ initiate investigations/diagnostic tests as requested or clinically indicated.
- To support patients and their families, involving them in planning of care where appropriate.
- To provide health education and health promotion information to all patients.
- Please see the role profile for full details of duties.
What skills and experience do I need?
- NMC level 1 registered nurse
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal sensitively with all our customers and to liaise effectively with medical and nursing staff
- Common sense and the ability to handle problems sensibly and practically
- Excellent oral and written skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and the willingness to undertake a wide range of duties
Whilst working for the UK's largest private hospital group, what benefits will I receive?
- Competitive salary
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
- Free parking
For further information, please see the attached role profile for this vacancy.
If you are interested in this role, please complete our short application form and we'll be in touch shortly.