BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Acute Medical Ward.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week, this role incorporates working with acute medical conditions and rehabilitation.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in the acute care setting
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of current issues relating to nursing and health sectors
- Compassionate and willing to be flexible around the patient and service needs
Duties of this role include:
- Record observations accurately in accordance with the patients' condition, interpret and inform the nurse in charge and MDT of changes in patient’s status data and respond as directed
- To be competent in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the clinical area or specialty
- Complete patient documentation correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Develop communication skills in order to convey complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events. This includes expanded role responsibilities, following appropriate training
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients and make changes as necessary
- Produce care plans that are appropriate to the patient’s needs, monitor and update them
- Plan and co-ordinate patients’ discharge arrangements
- Assist in promoting nursing practice and care delivery in line with relevant research and evidence base and with reference to trust policies and guidelines
BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital is a great place to work where you
can have a real impact on other people’s lives, and grow and develop your
own future. Our staff makes the hospital the very special place that it is.
We have 120 operational beds, they cover intensive care unit, general surgical ward, spinal/orthopaedic specialist ward , the day surgery ward, in addition to theatres, endoscopy, urgent care centre, minor operation room and the consulting room.
We treat private patients and we work with NHS through massive contracts as well, also we meet our targets nationally.
@ The Clem, our nurses are supported by a group of specialist nurses including bariatric, breast care, colorectal, tissue viability and Infection control.
@ The Clem, there are variety of developmental opportunities, and we invest in our nurses though internal and external courses, and that is why we are leading in complex medical and surgical cases.
@ The Clem, we work closely with our practice development nurse and other colleges to support nurse’s training and development, as well as supporting student through their placement on site.
@ The Clem, we offer a competitive salary plus enhancements, pension scheme, subsidised gym, 25 days annual leave and a friendly working environment where you get supported by the senior nursing leadership team on the floors and through the open door policy with the senior management team.
Epping ward has 26 single rooms. We get patient admitted through consulting room, urgent care centre and other healthcare facilities. Also we work with different medical consultants, nursing team is supported by discharge sister, Occupational therapy, dieticians and pharmacists. Our nursing strategy is to provide the care that you would have for yourself, and we adapt the 6C’s model into our daily routine. The team is committed to individualised and customised care, and training is provided to ensure competence.