Advanced Nurse Practitioner
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Cheadle Hospital in Cheshire has a vacancy for am Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Urgent Care Department.
This is a Full Time position working 37.5 hours per week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Qualified RGN with experience at senior staff nurse level in
- Must have evidence of being able to communicate at a high level and be a flexible team player.
- Good financial awareness and control:
- Experience of HR and financial management
- Able to cope in stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Independent decision maker
- Registered Nurse (Level 1) qualification
- Ability to motivate and develop staff
- Ability to take practise forward
- Management qualifications or equivalent experience in managing people in a service environment, desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To promote and maintain a highly professional and cohesive nursing team by providing effective leadership for the Urgent Care Centre staff
- To be pro-active in the support of the Hospital and its management by participating in the clinical on site rota, covering out of hours and occasional night cover
- To promote, deliver and maintain high standards of nursing thereby meeting the needs of all service users
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of patients, relatives and visitors
- To assist senior managers and provide effective leadership to all staff
- To respond to a cardiac arrest or a security alert and any critical incidents/alarm and to contact wards/department after cardiac arrest/security incident to ascertain need for support etc.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Programme, monitoring nursing performance and taking corrective action when required
- Assist in the investigation of clinical incidents, enter on sentinel and support the implementation of corrective actions as appropriate
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a Competitive Salary.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.