Registered Nurse - Oncology
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you.
We at BMI are ‘serious about health and passionate about care’ and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient’s journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN level 1 with considerable post registration experience
- Expereince in administering and treating oncology patients (Essential)
- Completion of a recognised national chemotherapy course and competencies. (Esseantial)
- •The skills to complete the chemotherapy Competencies annually
- Reliable and conscientious
Duties of this role include:
• To deliver high quality care
• To educate patients and their significant others about their therapies
• To use and apply technical knowledge when delivering therapies
• Administer therapies safely and manage their side effects
• Support patients emotionally
• To personalise care for the individual needs of patients
• Support the needs of the individual patient and their significant others
• To minimise risk when delivering therapies
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.