Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) join their team of staff in the Somerfield Hospital.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (Level 1 or 2 or equivalent)
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREP.
- Evidence of any other qualifications, e.g. RSCN, ITU, other appropriate recognised course.
- Valid NMC registration.
- Acute surgical nursing.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of research based nursing care, responding to the individual needs of patients.
- To act as a role model for other members of staff and promote the hospital at all times.
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
- To take charge of the ward as and when required following a successful competency assessment.
- To provide support and guidance for junior members of staff.
- To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits.
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure their full understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- To assist in other wards or departments as required by Nursing Administration.
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.