Registered General Nurse - Mo Dhachaidh Care Home - Ullapool-Highland
Registered Nurse (RGN) – Mo Dhachaidh
Mo Dhachaidh is a small, friendly care home located in a picturesque, coastal-fishing village in the North West Highlands of Scotland.
We are now looking for an outstanding Registered Nurse (General) to provide and supervise the delivery of high-quality nursing care to elderly residents, including those with dementia.
Our residents and their families expect great services, so you must confidently supervise and direct a small team of experienced carers to ensure all residents’ needs are fully met, in accordance with their care plans.
You will be focused on continually improving the quality of life for the people in your care whilst enjoying a slower pace of life in our small but thriving community.
You will need to hold a current NMC registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) and provide evidence of continuing professional development. A teaching or mentor/ supervision qualification would be an advantage. Ideally, you will have a nursing degree, or be willing to undertake education to degree level. You will also be fully supported by the Deputy Manager and Home Trainer to undertake an individually designed training programme.
You must have up to date knowledge of clinical practices and a strong understanding of the CQC and regulatory requirements and framework. You must also have an awareness of the clinical policy framework, DoLS/ MCA and Royal Pharmaceutical guidelines.
You must have experience of producing well developed care plans, undertaking risk assessments and clinical team working. Experience within an older person setting and supporting newly qualified nurses would be beneficial.
This is a fantastic time to join Barchester, as we roll out one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous package includes the following:
• Free learning and development - You will be given the opportunity to develop yourself and advance your career through knowledge, skills and professional qualifications
• Profit share scheme - unrivalled in this sector, designed to recognise the excellent performance of all teams across the business.
• Childcare vouchers – tax and N.I. efficient scheme to provide parents with help towards paying for childcare.
• Retail discounts – incredible savings of between 5%-10% at popular high-street stores, including: M&S, Sainsburys, IKEA, Boots, Argos and Gap.
• Holiday and travel discounts – savings of up to 10% when you book your holiday from ABTA/ATOL tour operators and special offers from companies such as Kuoni, Thomas Cook and Cosmos.
• Leisure savings - including cinema visits, dining-out, attractions and Theme Parks and discounted health club membership.
• Rewards points – earned for outstanding contributions and excellence at work. Rewards points can be spent on a range of treats. It’s our way of saying thank you.
• Cost-effective on-site accommodation - subject to availability.
We may also be able to provide accommodation for this position.
If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.