Healthline Clinical Advisor - Bupa
Permanent, Full time (37.5hrs p/w), Salford Quays
Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives and the 70,000 people we employ are at the heart of making this a reality. It requires focus and dedication - and as a global leader in healthcare we rely on a wide range of clinical skills to help us achieve our ambitions.
The purpose of the Healthline Nurse Advisor is to provide clinical support, guidance and information to Bupa members 24/7, 365 days a year, which will enable our members to make the best use of health care services and assist them to obtain the most appropriate treatment. Our call types are either primary care symptom based calls (40%) where you'll be the first port of call for our members or calls regarding health information (60%). These could be regarding an ongoing condition or diagnosis, talking through treatments options and health education calls. You'll be providing a neutral opinion, supporting our members through their healthcare journey. You'll be a registered Nurse who enjoys supporting patients over the phone and providing support on a large variety of conditions.
- Effectively questioning members, to understand the nature of the health related call.
- Listening, reading and assessing online information regarding symptoms and concerns
- Effective questioning, information giving and discussion around health needs
- Using the approved clinical resources to provide health information and support your decision making.
- Using good judgement and established protocols in dealing with emergency situations over the phone.
- Documenting all calls according to departmental format including citation of supporting references and notation of all topics discussed and plans made.
- Making follow up calls where appropriate to assess members' progress, satisfaction and manage / mitigate any health risks.
- Returning members calls who leave a message, within one hour of the message.
- Researching topics, from approved clinical information resources in order to provide adequate information to support members.
- Registered Nurse with appropriate clinical experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of clinical nursing knowledge
- Ability to handle uncertain situations calmly and professionally
- Ability to handle customer calls with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organise your own workload
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and information available
- Ability to work well under pressure and on your own initiative
What we'll give you
- We pay your NMC fees
- Practical support with the Revalidation process and access to a clinical community
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Annual salary review and Bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance and free health assessments
- Onsite canteen and gym
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling
If you'd like to play your part in BUPA's success story, then join us today.