Ward Manager - Gatwick
Position - Ward Manager - Gatwick
Ref - STWRDMN
Location - Gatwick
Salary - £35,000 - £38,000
Hours - Full Time - Permanent
Reporting to - Clinical Services Manager
The Vacancy - My client is currently looking for an experienced Ward Manager to join their team in Gatwick. The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating the quality and management of nursing care, patient care and the clinical environment with 24 hour responsibility for staffing. You will Participate fully with the multidisciplinary team and undertake direct patient care. Also you will manage and direct the delivery of clinical services within a ward or unit, ensuring it complies with statutory regulations, current legislation and meets quality standards.
The Hospital -
The hospital's consultant-led, multidisciplinary teams have a wealth of clinical and research experience in forensic psychiatry and rehabilitation. Treatment is targeted toward safe service user re-settlement in the community, where possible.
All therapeutic programmes have been designed to maximise the potential and enhance the quality of life of each individual service user.
My clients Hospital is purpose-built with an extremely high standard of accommodation. It has five wards with single en-suite rooms and offers service users a light, comfortable environment.
Our clinical services include -
* Offending behaviour and related risks addressed through specific, evidence-based interventions that include insight treatment compliance and relapse prevention
* Optimise functioning and improve quality of life
* Enhance service user dignity and self-esteem
* Social skills interventions including anger and anxiety management, improving assertiveness and stability in relationships
* HCR-V3 and START risk management tools
* Comprehensive range of occupational and complementary therapies like community skills training, which aim to enhance service user dignity, self-esteem and functioning
* Family support and psycho-education
* Specialist forensic cognitive behavioural therapy assessment and interventions
Key accountabilities -
* To promote, monitor and implement standards for patient care within the ward/unit environment, evaluating through clinical governance and audit.
* Provide clinical leadership, positive role modelling to the ward team, ensuring effective communication across the multidisciplinary team, through supervision, mentoring and appraisal.
* Ensure all CPA, risk assessment, HONOS/HoNOSCA and other agreed outcome measures are an integral part of the patients care and that it is monitored and updated on a regular basis.
* Develop and lead regular patient feedback mechanisms e.g. satisfaction surveys, outcome studies, community meetings and patient forums.
* Ensure all patient data is entered on time within the appropriate database.
* Provide information as requested to the SMT or Central staff for Quality data collection.
* Managerial responsibility for a team of clinical staff undertaking a variety of roles at different levels, to ensure patient safety and appropriate staffing levels. Identify training needs for staff employed in the clinical environment.
Budgets & equipment:
* Delegated authority to certify documents or purchase orders, and for the care, security and maintenance of equipment, drugs and other consumables on the ward/department.
* Shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of patient records, data and information. Ensuring good quality patient documentation, which meets the Regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
* £1500 Welcome Bonus.
* £1000 annual 'loyalty' bonus.
* 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
* Birthday Holiday - your birthday as extra days Annual Leave.
* 50 % contribution to NMC membership.
* Cycle to Work scheme e tax relief on the purchase of a bike and equipment up to the value of £1,000.
* Just Drive scheme i.e. tax relief on the purchase of a new car.
* SMART Pension options. Plan for the future.
* Enhanced DBS costs are covered.
* On-line benefits portal and cash back rewards.
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training.
Key Words - Ward Manager, Manager, Senior, RGN, NMC, RMN.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV to sam.a-
Apply for Ward Manager - Gatwick
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly