Mental Health Nurse - Gatwick
Position - Mental Health Nurse - Gatwick
Ref - STMNTGAT
Location - Gatwick
Salary - £26,000 - £32,000
Hours - Full Time - Permanent
The Vacancy - My client is currently looking for an experienced Mental Health Nurse to join their team in Gatwick. The successful candidate will undertake and manage direct patient care, having participated fully in the assessment, planning and evaluation of care needs. You will undertake the delivery of care, including individual and group sessions, to agreed quality standards as prescribed by internal procedures and health legislation
The Hospital -
The hospital's consultant-led, multidisciplinary teams have a wealth of clinical and research experience in forensic psychiatry and rehabilitation. Treatment is targeted toward safe service user re-settlement in the community, where possible.
All therapeutic programmes have been designed to maximise the potential and enhance the quality of life of each individual service user.
My clients Hospital is purpose-built with an extremely high standard of accommodation. It has five wards with single en-suite rooms and offers service users a light, comfortable environment.
Our clinical services include -
* Offending behaviour and related risks addressed through specific, evidence-based interventions that include insight treatment compliance and relapse prevention
* Optimise functioning and improve quality of life
* Enhance service user dignity and self-esteem
* Social skills interventions including anger and anxiety management, improving assertiveness and stability in relationships
* HCR-V3 and START risk management tools
* Comprehensive range of occupational and complementary therapies like community skills training, which aim to enhance service user dignity, self-esteem and functioning
* Family support and psycho-education
* Specialist forensic cognitive behavioural therapy assessment and interventions
Key accountabilities -
* Support and supervise new or junior staff.
* Deputise in the absence of the Ward Manager and their Deputy to manage the staffing and clinical needs of the ward as required.
* Adopt a systemic, individual approach to all patient care plans and communicate the outcomes to the clinical team both verbally and in writing, ensuring all CPA and risk assessment documentation is kept up to date.
* May be required to allocate and oversee the work of junior colleagues/staff.
Budgets & equipment:
* Delegated responsibility for the care, security and maintenance of equipment, drugs and other consumables on the ward/department.
* Shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of patient records, data and information. Ensuring good quality patient documentation, which meets the Regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
* £1500 Welcome Bonus.
* £1000 annual 'loyalty' bonus.
* 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
* Birthday Holiday - your birthday as an extra days Annual Leave.
* 50 % contribution to NMC membership.
* Cycle to Work scheme e tax relief on the purchase of a bike and equipment up to the value of £1,000.
* Just Drive scheme ie tax relief on the purchase of a new car.
* SMART Pension options. Plan for the future.
* Enhanced DBS costs are covered.
* On-line benefits portal and cash back rewards.
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training.
Key Words - RMN, Registered nurse, Mental Health Nurse, NMC
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV to sam.a-
Apply for Mental Health Nurse - Gatwick
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly