BMI Manor Hospital in Bedford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Ward Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse 1st level
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues
- Awareness of NMC code of conduct and accountability
- Nurse 1st level
- Surgical experience desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide individualised patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge
- To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to NMC standards for records and record keeping.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care
- Report to Sister in charge or Duty Manager any accidents/incidents verbally and in writing in accordance with hospital policy.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency procedures, attending teaching sessions as scheduled
- Maintain knowledge of Health and safety at work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.