Day Case Nurse - Reading
Position: RGN - Day Case Surgery - Berkshire
Hours: Full Time
Job Summary -
My client is looking for a Registered Nurse who can work flexible, as part of the hospital's clinical team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care to our patients; to maintain high standards of communication throughout the hospital, and to make a positive contribution towards the team's pursuit of excellence
Principal Responsibilities -
* Providing the highest standards of nursing care as required within each of our care settings.
* Preparing clinic rooms for procedures including preparation of sterile instrumentation, equipment and supplies as required, ensuring appropriate use of resources and minimal waste.
* Ensuring the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
* Acting as mentor for students, learners, junior nurses and Health Care Assistants and recording progress, as appropriate.
* Participating in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill.
* Organising own time and taking responsibility for duties delegated by the Lead Nurse or unit nursing lead.
* Complying with Circle policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incident Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
* Reporting all accidents and untoward incidents and complete appropriate forms.
* Acting as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
* Developing the patient pathway to ensure that the patient is prepared physically and psychologically to undergo necessary procedures.
* Ensuring patient receives the appropriate documented information for the planned procedure.
* Obtaining patient consent for specific procedures after undertaking appropriate on line packages/skills training.
* Delivering patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research and evidence based best clinical practise.
* Leading by example to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
* Understanding and apply a holistic patient centred care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs of each patient.
* Working within flexible rosters, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff to meet the needs of our patients.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience in a similar role
* NMC registration
* Demonstrable record of CPD
* Knowledge of current issues in professional practice with particular relevance to the Unit
* Knowledge of standards of professional practice in the wider healthcare context
* Additional registration
* Post basic course
* Research and audit experience
* Evidence of change management
* Completion of all local competency packages
Skills, abilities and behaviours:
* A calm, caring and empathic attitude towards patients, relatives & colleagues
* An ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, with a commitment to collaborative working
* Team-building skills
* Excellent standard of patient care
* Flexible approach to work and working hours
* Strong organisational skills
* Relate well to all staff
* Diligent and enthusiastic
* Willingness to learn new skills through practical experience
* IT skills and awareness
* Flexibility to work in different specialties
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4467 or alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Day Case Nurse - Reading
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly