BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Admission department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Good general education
- Registered Nurse
- Qualified to perform venepuncture and holds an up to date Blood Transfusion Venepuncture assessment
- Trained and skilled in performing specific ophthalmic tests (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, written and telephone manor
- Ability to contribute to the dissemination of good practice by participating in teaching and learning activities (Academic qualification in Teaching and Assessing in clinical Practice Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- Registered Nurses working in the Outpatient Department provide care to patients and visitors who are attending consultant or nurse led clinics
- The Outpatient Nurses facilitates the smooth running of services
- Work cooperatively as part of the multi-disciplinary team, helping other nurses and associate clinical staff who work within the Outpatient department and collaborates with other hospital departments to ensure patients experience and efficient and professional access to all hospital departments.
- Have the ability to develop a good rapport with patients within a short space of time
- Initiate treatment or intervention for any patient seen by nursing staff in the treatment room that require further clinical assessment of care, assessing information or assistance from different areas of the hospital
- Be able to prepare and assist consultants with minor surgical procedures
- Have an up to date knowledge of caring for a variety of wounds, which include routine surgical wounds, cosmetic and graph site wounds and ulcers. Clinical knowledge should include recent research and evidence of the appropriate use of wound dressings.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.