Sister / Charge Nurse - PICU
About the Department
Our four-bed unit is one of only two private paediatric intensive care units in London caring for patients requiring all levels of care, staffed by our highly experienced PICU team. The unit is supported by the paediatric physiotherapy and occupational therapy departments, and we have a 24-hour visiting policy for immediate family members to help aid swift recovery.
Who we're looking for
We are proud to say that our staff are among the best in private hospitals in London. You will be a caring and compassionate nurse, delivering a high standard of care to children and their families. We value all of our people and will provide you support and a great place to work. We are looking for you to have:
- RN Child Branch or equivalent qualification
- PICU course/Paediatric Critical Care qualification
- PICU experience at SSN or Sister level
- Management experience
- NMC - Part 8 registered
About the role
This is a role that incorporates both clinical expertise and leadership, working in partnership with the lead nurse and multi disciplinary team assisting with day to day management of the Unit. You will be looked to for professionalism and your focus on high standards of patient care, providing advice and guidance to more junior members of the team where needed.
In the range of £43,783 to £51,510 depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will manage nurses and nursing services by organising the duty rota and patient allocation according to dependency/acuity model, anticipating requirements when clinical activity increases/decreases,
- You will assist in forward planning of absences and the effective use of temporary staff ensuring correct grade and skill mix are in place to deliver care.
- You will manage direct reports effectively, delegating appropriately and holding them accountable for the delivery of specific objectives and targets, maximising their performance through regular performance coaching and review, and reflective practice, ensuring they meet the required standards in their current job whilst developing their skills and knowledge.
- You will maintain positive working relationships with all Consultants, ensuring individual Consultant protocols are utilised by nursing staff.