Staff Nurse - Paediatric Outpatients (Fixed Term Contract)
At The Cromwell, we have a dedicated Paediatric Outpatient's service, we operate six days a week for appointments with both general and specialist paediatricians. We offer a fast referral service meaning an appointment can be arranged with a paediatrician the same day. Our specially trained paediatric nurses are available to carry out a range of activities ranging from immunisations to specialist investigations and procedures
Who we're looking for
- Registered Children's Nurse
- Experience on a Paediatric ward or Outpatient Unit
- Venepuncture and Cannulation skills are desirable
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
About the Role
This is a fixed term contract position until June 2017 on our fast paced Paediatric Outpatient Department. We can see large numbers of patients on a single day and look for Nurses able to provide an outstanding level of care to all patients and their families. You will act as a strong patient advocate whilst working closely with the wider multidisciplinary team. You will get the chance to develop your own skills whilst working alongside Nurses who are specialists in their fields.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week. The salary for this position is £28,845 - £35,026 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery and management of direct nursing care
- Working with agreed nursing standards and according to Nursing and Midwifery Council Code for nurses
- Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient need.
- Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Within a system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
- Ensure the correct storage and administration of medications in accordance with the hospital policies and NMC Standards for Medicine Management and ensure the safe handling of drug keys at all times
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential. As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.