Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Werndale Hospital in Carmathen is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Werndale Hospital
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Knowledge of acute / surgical nursing
- Understanding of the UKCC Code of Professional Conduct
- Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competency across a range of skills (Desirable)
- HDU experience (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To manage, in liaison with the Ward Sister in order to provide an effective nursing service for patients and medical staff
- To deputise for the Ward Sister in his/her absence
- To accept delegated responsibilities form the Ward Sister.
- To be part of the Nurse on Call team
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contibute to quality improvement
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.