Staff Nurse - Outpatients - Nottingham
Position - Staff Nurse - Outpatients - Nottingham
Salary - Competitive Salary
Hours - Full Time - 37.5 Hrs
Responsible To - Lead Nurse / Team Leader
The Vacancy -
My client has an exciting opportunity available due to an internal promotion and is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Staff Nurse with an interest in Rheumatology, Endocrinology, Orthopaedics and medical day case. If you are a dynamic person with the ability to work well within a busy clinical environment, and can deliver high quality patient care, we would love to hear from you.
You must be compassionate and willing to learn new skills to support patients through every stage of their pathway. You must work well within a team, be a supportive person to junior staff and lead by example, demonstrating excellent communication skills, flexibility and adaptability. You must also be able to demonstrate pro-active continuing professional development. There will also be the opportunity to increase your skills in supporting intravenous therapies, wound care and mentoring new starters and students.
This post is Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening work.
Job Duties - Clinical
* Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
* Document the condition and progress of patients and report to senior nursing and/ or medical staff any areas of concern.
* Undertake nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
* Demonstrate clinical procedures to registered and unregistered staff and agency staff as required.
* Take charge of the clinical area on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility or his/ her deputy.
* Maintain an awareness of the developments in the care and treatment of patients in order to be able to carry out duties competently and efficiently.
* Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe keeping of patients' property in accordance with the Patients' Property Procedure.
* Comply with the Drug Custody and Administration Code of Practice.
* Report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Line Manager and complete an incident form in accordance with Treatment Centre policy.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience -
* Registered Nurse
* Relevant post-registration study e.g. specialist pathway
* Demonstrable record of Continuing
* Professional Development
* Good communication skills
* Ability to supervise unqualified staff
* Ability to co-ordinate a shift for the department
* Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical governance issues
* At least 6 months post registration experience
* Strong communication and organisational skills
* Relate well to all staff and patients
* Positive attitude to change and a willingness to be instrumental in change.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or 07514 669 415 alternatively Please forward your CV
Apply for Staff Nurse - Outpatients - Nottingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly