Anaesthetic Nurse/ ODP Theatre Practioner-Theatre - Nottingham
Position -Anaesthetic Nurse/ ODP Theatre Practioner-Theatre - Nottingham
Ref - DBODPANA
Salary - Circa £22,000 - £29,300 per annum
Hours - Full Time 37.5
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed Anaesthetic Nurse/ ODP Theatre Practioner who are interested in working with a theatre suite in Nottingham.
You will support the senior clinical staff and make sure high standards of patient care are delivered within the Theatre suite.
You must have experience in scrub, anaesthetic or recovery practice.
A flexible and motivated attitude and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, covering a range of specialities is essential.
Core hours are 8-6pm working some Saturdays and evenings (no requirements to work night shifts).
Anaesthetic Nurse/ ODP Theatre Practioner Job Duties
* Prepare an operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum. In the case of anaesthetics ensure all necessary and emergency equipment is available and in working order.
* Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
* Act as preceptor for student ODP's, learners, junior nurses and HCA's, where appropriate and participate in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill
* Run a theatre list without supervision and supervise and mentor junior staff.
* Perform scrub, circulating and anaesthetic duties
* Organise own time and be responsible for appropriate delegation of staff and duties.
* Maintain effective channels of communication at all times.
* Comply with Circle policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incidents Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
* Report all accidents and untoward incidents to senior staff and complete electronic reporting system.
* Act as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
* Deliver patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research based clinical practise.
* By precept and example, to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
* Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
* Understand and apply a holistic patient centred care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs whilst the patient is in the Day Case unit.
* Work within a flexible working roster, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff for the patient's requirements.
* Participate in the on call rota in order to provide a telephone help line.
* Registered ODP
* Relevant experience i.e. evidence of recent practice in Theatre areas
* Demonstrable record of Continuing Professional Development.
Skills/ Abilities & Knowledge
* Ability to teach/coach peers, junior staff & trainees
* Good communication & team building skills
* Excellent standard of patient/client care
* Able to cope with change/adaptability/flexibility and a proactive approach
* Demonstrates organisational /leadership abilities
* Relate well to all staff.
* Motivator of staff and colleagues.
* Diligence/Enthusiasm & positivism
Key Words- ODP, Anaesthetic Nurse , Surgical, Theatre,
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 - 07514 669 415 alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Anaesthetic Nurse/ ODP Theatre Practioner-Theatre - Nottingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly