Lead Nurse - Outpatients and Diagnostics
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
About the role
This position, sitting within our Diagnostic and Outpatients department, is an influential role and recognised as being critical to the delivery of Bupa Cromwell Hospital's Strategy. The position demands a team player who treats all colleagues with equal respect, is inclusive and democratic but also prepared to manage staff to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective services. As a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for advancing change in four main areas of impact - quality, patient experience, finance and efficiency, and leadership and skills development.
Skills and experience required:
- Registered Nurse with active NMC Pin
- Teaching/Assessing Qualification
- Management Qualification and suitable experience
- Evidence of substantial clinical experience and ability to function at level required of the post
- Experience of developing, delivering, monitoring and evaluating training programmes with clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Experience within Outpatients/Radiology is desirable
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week. The salary range for this position is up to £55,000 and is dependant upon experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong clinical leadership in all units acting as a role model for all nursing staff.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in nursing management, including infection prevention and the implementation of policies and SOPs for safe practice Eg. WHO surgical checklist.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Director and other consultants maintain a robust clinical governance system to assure patients of the highest standard of care acting within an assurance framework.
- Ensure strong levels of nursing staff engagement, providing visible leadership and direction.
- Take responsibility for the clinical education and professional development of the team.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.