Registered Children's Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital is conveniently located in Windsor, Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle, the hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients
We have an opportunity for a Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Valid NMC Registration.
- RSCN or RN (Child)
- Evidence of professional development
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Post registration course
- D32/33 NVQ Assessor’s course
- Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Articulate and knowledgeable about current health care issues.
- Evidence of competency in area of practice.
Duties of this role include:
- To assist in the assessment of care needs and development and implementation of programmes of care for Children & Young people.
- To help provide professional advice to others (colleagues/other departments) on matters relating to paediatric care.
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care.
- To provide a resource to ward colleagues.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, families, employees and visitors.
- To ensure that high standards of paediatric patient care are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and national guidelines.
- To assist senior staff in effective ward and resource management.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.