Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sarum Road in Winchester are recruiting for Registered Nurse (Bank) to work within our Nursing Department
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Knowledge in acute medical / surgical nursing
- Evidence of recent clinical updating and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
- Good communication.
- Qualified nurse ideally with post registration experience in an acute hospital setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver and maintain high standards of nursing care within the ward area.
- To deputise for the team leader in his / her absence.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Sister / Nurse Manager.
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To deliver at all times a high standard of nursing care.
- To assist in development and maintenance of clinical standards and participate in clinical audits.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from team leaders / Senior Staff Nurses in their absence and at other times as required.
- To maintain professional credibility and attend relevant courses to assist in enabling research based practice.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.