Senior Registered Nurse
7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational and planning abilities
- Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
- Post registration experience
- Previous experience working in an Outpatient area or equivalent.
- Experience of clinical management
- Leadership skills
Evidence of teaching / coaching colleagues
Duties of this role include:
- To offer a comprehensive nursing service to the patients and Consultants who are using the outpatient facilities in the hospital.
- On a regular basis to lead the Outpatient nursing service.
- To perform nursing duties as required e.g. dressings, suture removal, chaperoning, venepuncture and minor procedures.
- To ensure accurate completion of all nursing documentation, including charge forms and other departmental documentation such as the procedure book and minor op book.
- To communicate effectively all information relating to patient care to colleagues, consultants and staff working in other departments.
- To have a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of health care within the department and hospital.
- To comply with the hospital’s policies and procedures and to be involved in their review, if required.
- To be involved in developing the Outpatient Service.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.