Senior Registered Nurse - Chemotherapy
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are 'serious about health and passionate about care' and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient's journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package, training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field
BMI Healthcare's Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse specialising in Chemotherapy to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven to succeed
- Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong Interpersonal Skills, able to communicate clearly with a range of people across the hospital,deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Must be a Chemotherapy Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration and 2 years' experience in a chemotherapy setting
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- To participate in the business planning process, helping to identify areas for service development.
- To work on delegated project relating to local policy and service development.
- To be aware of service delivery plans, participating in planning for future activity and identifying outcome measures of care.
- Maintain a personal, professional profile, identifying role and skill developments in line with the scope of Professional Practice.
- Demonstrate through a holistic approach to nursing care and day to day clinical issues and understanding of evidence based practice.
- Participate in the collection of audit and research data as required. Identify areas where local audit is needed, conduct the audit and analyse the date with support.
- Monitor the quality of nursing care and action audit information to achieve agreed standards under the direction of the Line Manager.
- Participate in the process of setting goals and benchmarking standards of care.
Duties of this role include:
- As delegated provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers without supervision in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team in line with local and national targets.
- The post holder will provide specialist nursing care and support and deputise for the line manager in the management of their clinical speciality. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in a variety of settings.
- Be flexible in the approach to