Registered Nurse - Night Shift
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
As part of the UK's largest independent healthcare employer BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne is an excellent location to develop or consolidate your clinical career. We pride ourselves on the quality of care delivery to our patients. It allows healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care and to innovate.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare. As a flexible employer, we will consider part-time applicants for all full time vacancies. We appreciate that a work/life balance is important and enables healthcare professionals to deliver the best care possible.
The hospital team includes over 75 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Esperance Hospital has 114 employees and 55 bank staff. We handle over 800 inpatient, 3000 day case and 1,000 outpatient procedures a year.
The hospital has 2 main Theatres, an Endoscopy Theatre, and a fertility theatre. Patient accommodation consists of Hartington ward (9 beds), Devonshire Ward (25), extended Recovery (2 beds) and a "walk in walk out" lounge.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
Whatever your area of clinical practice the hospital has something to offer you
Main specialities are Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Cosmetic, Gastroenterology, Opthalmics, Fertility & General Surgery.
The hospital has innovated pathways that deliver predictable elective surgery.
38 individual patient rooms, 2 bed extended recovery.
Three shift system with internal rotation, shifts are managed on a 4 week rolling rota
Patient to nurse ratio gives our team 'time to nurse'
Excellent learning environment across all specialities
Some services offered 6 days a week
BMI Healthcare's Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the hospital.
This is a part time role for 33 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible pattern including Night Shift.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse Level 1
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards
- Excellent Verbal and written and IT communication skills
- Skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues
- Six months post-registration experience in surgical field - desirable
- To have completed a 'Back to Nursing' course if have been out of nursing for more than 5 years
- Experience of private sector - desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide individualised safe evidence based patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge
- To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
- To act as a role model for other members of staff and promote the hospital at all times
- To assist in developing and monitoring clinical practice
- To act in a professional manner at all times
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consulta