Senior Registered Nurse
7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- ALS certificate
- NMC Registration
- Post registration experience
- Phlebotomy training /IV therapy
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Manual Handling
- ENB 998 or equivalent / ENB 100 desirable
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Effective leadership skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of updating clinical skills/knowledge
- Evidence of professional and personal development
- Customer care skills
Duties of this role include:
- To assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, responding to individual needs.
- To provide management and leadership to all staff in the absence of the Sister.
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
- Make efficient use of available resources
- Regularly deputise for Sister, providing management and leadership in her absence
- Promote team working
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- To facilitate, supervise and teach junior members of staff and students
- To undertake appraisals on junior members of staff
- To identify training needs and assist with the development of appropriate skills within the team
- Hold the admin bleep and act as team leader in a cardiac arrest when required
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.