Forensic Paramedic - Lancashire - Part time
4 days left
- Job Type
CRG Medical Services are a leading provider of Forensic Medical Services and Prison Health services across the UK Secure Health market. We are looking for dynamic enthusiastic, dedicated Paramedics to work in custody settings across the UK who are ready for a new challenge and want to support some of the most vulnerable members of society.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Forensic Paramedic you have the opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse range of patients in a unique setting and often at a particularly vulnerable point in their life. In addition to assessing and treating the immediate healthcare needs of these patients you are also in the position to play a pivotal role in the criminal justice process.
These roles are ideally suited to clinicians from any of the following areas:
- Emergency Departments
- Urgent care/walk in centres
- Minor injury units
- Mental health
- Substance Misuse
- Acute medicine
- Prison healthcare
- District nursing
- Or other acute care areas (including paramedics)
What the role involves:
In addition to traditional healthcare assessments of your patient you will make recommendations to the force regarding management of the patient whilst in detention.
You will be trained and supported to:
- Take forensic samples (including bloods and swabs)
- Produce body maps of injuries
- Assess detainees under the Road Traffic Act
- Prescribe and administer medications under Patient Group Directions
- Assess and manage detainee’s suffering with alcohol & drug withdrawal or intoxication
- Respond to medical emergencies in the custody setting
- Liaising with partner agencies to support vulnerable individuals as they progress through the criminal justice system
What CRG Medical Services can offer you?
- The opportunity to work for a growing company within the Secure Health sector
- A robust and supportive induction programme
- All necessary training to perform your role and develop as a clinician
- Free mandatory training
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to an excellent CPD programme
- Support with Revalidation
- Enhanced rates for overtime shifts
What you will need:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- A full valid UK driving licence
- Strong clinical skills
- A minimum of 4 years post registration experience
- Common Sense
- At least 3 years residency in the UK (to satisfy vetting requirements)
- A willingness to learn and develop your clinical skills
About CRG Medical Services:
Working across the secure health sector, CRG Medical Services provide forensic medical services to police forces across the UK. We have significant expertise working within the prison setting, sexual assault referral centres, provision of appropriate adults, and a range of other allied services.
Please apply below or send your CV to us at email@example.com or contact us on T: 01744 457 778 or M: 07801 568 266 and we will get in touch as soon as possible.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Please note that any offer of employment following interview will be subject to candidates passing police vetting procedures
Not the job for you? We have various temporary and permanent CRG Medical Service roles across the country. Visit our website http://www.crg.uk.com/medical-services/ to find a job to suit you.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom where CRG operate; we can only process applications from candidates who are current UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as unsuccessful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Apply for Forensic Paramedic - Lancashire - Part time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly