7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Priory Hospital in Edgbaston is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology Department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN - Level 1 or 2
- ENB 998 or equivalent essential
- N59 – Chemotherapy
- Evidence of professional development
- Current nursing issues
- Motivation skills
- Clinical experience relevant to the Hospital.
- Previous experience within private sector desirable.
- Managing resources.
Duties of this role include:
- Co-ordinating and delivering treatment for Oncology patients
- Provide care and support for all Oncology patients and their families throughout diagnosis, treatment, symptom control, palliative care and terminal stages.
- Assist consultant oncologist/haematologist during their clinics and management of patients during treatment.
- Explain and help patients understand their diagnosis, investigations and results. Provide verbal and written information to the patient regarding their treatment and diagnosis.
- Ensure that all patients are aware of the possible side-effects associated with the treatment and are made aware of relevant information associated with support services.
- Able to work independently and effectively, run nurse led clinics, be able to review and assess patients.
- Perform a holistic-needs assessment to ensure that health, social and emotional needs are addressed prior to patients commencing a course of treatment with review at each cycle.
- Arrange and assist as appropriate with insertion of venous access lines.
- Provide support and knowledge and educate patients about specific aspects of care of venous access lines.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.