Theatre Practitioner - Recovery
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
The BMI Princess Margaret Hospital is conveniently located in Windsor, Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle, the hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients. The BMI Princess Margaret Hospital also has a new state of the art Endoscopy Unit and a dedicated Day Care Unit. Combining the latest technology and equipment enables us to undertake a wide range of treatments. There are four operating theatres at the hospital; three of the theatres have laminar flow.
BMI Healthcare’s Princess Margaret Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join the Recovery team in Theatres. If you are an experienced Recovery Nurse or ODP and are looking to develop and further your career then we would love to hear from you.
The Theatre department covers a wide range of specialities including Plastic Surgery, Major Orthopaedic surgery, Laparoscopic General and Gynaecological surgery. We are looking for energetic, innovative and enthusiastic Registered Practitioners with a wide range of clinical skills to operationally support the Recovery Team.
Successful candidates will receive a full BMI induction programme with mentor support. BMI Princess Margaret is committed to encouraging personal and professional development with the support through the BMI Regional Trainers and also the Theatre Management team.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a fleixible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills are desirable
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 are desirable
- ILS is desirable
- ALS is desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.