Registered Nurse - Oncology
BMI Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are ‘serious about health and passionate about care’ and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient’s journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package, training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This role is to cover Maternity Leave
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN - Level 1 or 2
- ENB 998 or equivalent.
- N59 – Chemotherapy (Desirable)
- Evidence of professional development
- Current nursing issues
- Motivation skills
Duties of this role include:
- Delivery of treatment and care to Oncology patients
- Provide care and support for all Oncology patients and their families throughout diagnosis, treatment symptom control, palliative care and terminal stages.
- Explain and help patients understand their diagnosis, investigations and results.
- Administration of chemotherapy regimes in the ward or outpatient setting.
- Provide verbal and written information to the patient regarding their treatment and diagnosis.
- Ensure that all patients are aware of the possible side-effects associated with the treatment and are made aware of relevant information associated with support services.
- Provide support and knowledge and educate patients about specific aspects of care of venous access lines.
- To be the patient’s advocate.
- Liaise with The Oncology Nurse Specialists, keeping them up to date with condition or changes.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.