Director of Clinical Services
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Clinical Services to join their team of staff in the BMI Ridgeway Hospital
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by a registered qualification with the NMC, HCPC or GPC.
- Experienced in acute clinical services and delivery of acute care
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered practitioner / Diploma / relevant Health Speciality Degree
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability and HCPC Standards of proficiency and the HCPC / GPC Standards of Conduct, performance and ethics.
- Knowledge of HR management and Man Management Skills
- Recruitment and selection skills
- Previous experience within a managerial role
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for providing clinical direction and strong professional leadership to all Nursing and Clinical staff within the hospital.
- To lead and drive the delivery of excellent clinical standards of care, driving a culture of safety, clinical effectiveness and continuous improvement for the patient experience.
- The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of all clinical staff, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards as required for clinical services.
To work in partnership with, support and deputise for the Executive Director when required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.