Lead Cancer Nurse
6 days left
- Job Type
BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Cancer Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology Department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Various shifts to cover the department between 8.30am-8.00pm Monday to Friday.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN, educated to degree level
- Appropriate oncology experience and qualification
- Chemotherapy qualification
- Qualification in Teaching and Assessing
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the Oncology service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
- To act as specialist resource for oncology patients and staff
- To take the lead across cancer services within the relevant Hospital, in agreement with relevant Executive Directors and Directors of Nursing, on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge for cancer.
- To work clinically and with focused time allocated to cancer management, and service development.
- The post-holder is responsible for the management of their department - this includes the planning and delivery of care to agreed standards to include the day to day management and running of the chemotherapy unit
- To provide a high profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals
- The post-holder will actively participate in the hospitals 24 hour oncology helpline rota
- To participate in MDT and ensure all Ridgeway Hospital cancer patients are discussed To maintain rigorous health and safety standards to ensure all procedures at ward and unit level are consistent with set policies. This will include national guidelines, corporate and hospital protocols
- To ensure a robust communication system is in place to disseminate information to essential staff and outside agencies
- To ensure all cancer patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required to address any deficiencies highlighted
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.