Registered Nurse - Wards - Watford
Position - RGN - Wards - Watford
Ref - ZARGNWRDST
Location - Watford
Salary - Dependent on experience
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for two Registered Nurses to join their wards team at Watford Hospital.
The successful candidate will ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team, ensuring a clean and safe environment.
You will promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors and assist Senior Staff in their management of clinical departments providing effective leadership and management in their absence.
Reports to - Sister
Overall responsibilities -
* Assess patients' health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload.
* Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs
* Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
* Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
* Promote best practice in health and safety and security.
* Assist in maintaining and developing services.
* Contribute to quality improvement.
* Promote people's equality, diversity and rights.
* Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
* To maintain standards of infection control within the hospital and own department and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control needs.
* To provide advice, guidance and support to junior staff by maintaining professional standards to ensure the delivery of high quality car.
* To deputise for senior staff when required.
* To meet Spire values, whilst delivering care to patients and relatives.
* To adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct and Spire Policies, Procedures, Protocols and Standards at all times.
* To ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice.
* Provide and receive patient information, ensuring that all patient information is provided, received and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Spire Policies.
* Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
* Registered Nurse with NMC registration
* Previous nursing experience.
* Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge.
* Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and health and safety competencies
* Basic workload / shift management
* Able to demonstrate the principles of accountable practice.
* Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
* Professional attitude and caring disposition
* Able to work effectively as part of a team
* Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
* IT literate and a competent user of the MS Office suite of products
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to build effective relationships
* Able to prioritise own workload
* Flexible approach to work and working patterns
* Working towards a post registration qualification in a clinical specialism
* Previous experience in an xxxx department.
* Able to apply clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes.
* Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
* Root Cause Analysis
Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 or alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Registered Nurse - Wards - Watford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly