Director of Clinical Services
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sloane Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Director of Clinical Services to join their team of staff within the Senior Management Team.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good financial awareness and control
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of Human Resources, including interviewing, performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes such as disciplinary.
- General clinical experience in an acute setting
- Significant experience of managerial responsibility for several department (in an acute setting)
- Management qualification (desirable)
- Education to a degree level (preferred)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide leadership and strategic direction for all clinical departments within The Sloane Hospital.
- To have responsibility and accountability for the effective management of the financial resources of Clinical Services and to maximise the financial performance of the departments in this remit whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery, in accordance with legal and professional standard.
- To contribute to the strategic, operational and business development.
- To take responsibility for the clinical departments compliance with health and safety, quality, governance, policies and procedure.
- Be accountable for clinical departments achieving compliance to internal audits.
- To initiate, develop and implement business opportunities.
- To develop local and corporate led initiatives.
- To be a proactive member of the hospital management team and to participate in projects and tasks that are hospital or company orientated.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.