6 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Pre-assessment Department.
This post is part-time for 22.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in the acute care setting
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of current issues relating to nursing and health sectors
Duties of this role include:
- Record observations accurately in accordance with the patients' condition, interpret and inform the nurse in charge and MDT of changes in patient’s status data and respond as directed
- To be competent in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the clinical area or specialty
- Complete patient documentation correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Develop communication skills in order to convey complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events. This includes expanded role responsibilities, following appropriate training
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients and make changes as necessary
- Produce care plans that are appropriate to the patient’s needs, monitor and update them
- Plan and co-ordinate patients’ discharge arrangements
- Assist in promoting nursing practice and care delivery in line with relevant research and evidence base and with reference to trust policies and guidelines
- Identify potential risks for all staff, patients and visitors and adhere to relevant incident reporting procedures
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.