Registered Nurse - Cath Lab (Bank)
5 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Priory hospital in Birmingham has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC Registration
- Advanced Life Support training.
- Energetic and proactive. Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to make judgements of situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people across the hospital
- Ability to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- IT skills
- Advanced resuscitation skills.
- Knowledge of Invasive Cardiac and Interventional Radiology procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment and safe practice.
- Post registration experience in a Cardiac Catheter Suite
Duties of this role include:
- To admit and prepare patients for Cath Lab procedures ensuring appropriate investigations are done and accurately recording documentation.
- To assess patients’ individual needs, planning care within the framework of medical care, implementing and evaluating nursing care for all patients undergoing interventional cardiology investigations and procedures.
- To carry out nursing procedures and interventions as required, in accordance with BMI policies, and in consultation with other members of the Catheter Lab team.
- To scrub and assist the Cardiologists with angiographic/angioplasty procedures when required.
- To scrub and assist the Radiologists with Interventional Radiographic procedures when required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.