Registered Nurse - Wards Night Shift
3 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital is conveniently located in Windsor, Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle, the hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients. The BMI Princess Margaret Hospital also has a new state of the art Endoscopy Unit and a dedicated Day Care Unit. Combining the latest technology and equipment enables us to undertake a wide range of treatments. There are four operating theatres at the hospital; three of the theatres have laminar flow.
BMI Healthcare’s Princess Margaret Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover night shift on a rotational basis working three shifts one weeks and 4 shifts the next week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Must be a registered nurse with valid NMC registration
- Knowledge of NMC codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care + Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing nursing assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- Provide nursing assessment and treatment for Outpatients and Inpatients, Medical and surgical patients; participating in these patients’ pre admission and follow up care as appropriate.
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department maintains CQC accreditation.
- To participate in weekend rota.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.