Mental Healthcare Assistant based in Cheadle
- Job Type
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Set within landscaped gardens, the safe and supportive environment of the Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults. The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.
We are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a genuine interest in making a difference to people’s lives. Working as a Healthcare Assistant you will be expected to:
- Be part of a large multi-disciplinary team providing safe and effective care for individuals with complex mental illness.
- Observe / respond to patient’s behaviours on the ward, these may include self-harm and acts of aggression.
- Ensure patients adhere to activities of daily living.
- Facilitate patients community access and integration.
You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people. It is also important that you work well in a team as you will work alongside qualified nurses and staff from other professions. You will receive regular supervision and take part in regular training activities, you will also be required to ensure you meet the Care Certificate standards.
Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.
What we’d like from you:
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and strong “can do” attitude
- Quality orientation
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting desirable
What we’d like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Free onsite car parking
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
- Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity Pay inline with NHS
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.